lightest on the market
We have designed the Vahana Pro stick to be as light as possible while maintaining the weight and rigidity that is required for a communication stick to move as a natural extension of your arm.
To achieve the ideal weight we had to go beyond using the standard available materials. We created a high performance silicon balance for strength and flexibility to achieve a lighter tip and handle with maximum grip. For the stick we used a stronger fiberglass rod that allowed us to shave off weight too.
The vahana Pro communication stick allows us to work more and walk longer without carrying needless weight
Weighted for communication
The goal of a communication stick is to act as a natural extension of your arm. It’s weight and rigidity is to simulate the natural movement of your arm and provide a more precise communication with your horse.
High performance silicon
We developed our tip in silicon to achieve the ideal weight and strength, to avoid the possible water damage with leather and the weight of plastic. It is durable, strong and soft to the touch. One additional advantage is. the tip can be replaced. Which is very usefull incase your horse wanted to eat it. The handle grip is anti-slip.
All sticks we carry are great and fully effective communication sticks. This information only reflects the difference in weight.
Vahana Pro Stick
1 m – 177 gr
1 m 20 – 195 gr
1 m – 190 gr
1 m 20 – 215 gr
1 m – 220 gr
1 m 20 – 225 gr
Mobilize and desensitize.
- mobilize certain parts of the body: forehand, hindquarters, etc.
- gait: inter- and intra-gait variations, stopping and backing up
- steering: lateral movements, aspiration
- energy: mobilization when the human puts energy / intent into his body or relaxation when the human handles the stick without intention or energy
- use the stick to stroke the horse on all parts of its body
- with a string attached, delicatly guide it over the horse
- with a flag attached we work on the ON / OFF modes
How to use the stick
- Stick in front of the horse = slow down / stop (depending on intention and energy)
- Stick behind the horse = go for it / lengthen your stride / move up a gear
- Stick directed at a part of the body = push your shoulders/push your whole body/push your hindquarters/come towards me
- Caressing stick = everything’s fine, relax
- Strong, rigid fiberglass rod
- Non-slip handle in high-quality silicone for a secure grip in all seasons
- Silicone tip on which to tie a string or flag
Why use a communication stick rather than a whip?
- Shorter and stiffer than a traditional whip, it doesn’t bend during your actions, bringing precision to your indications.
- Its weight allows you to respect the progression of phases in your applications.
1m ou 1m20 ?
The horsemanship standard length is considered to be 1m20 based on limb sizes of a horse. In practice, it’s your ease with the equipment that counts, so that your gestures are precise. If you’re 160cm or below, or if you simply find working with 1m20 cumbersome, the 1m is good option for you.